Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What to do with the dress after the wedding

I'm not the kind of person that likes to collect things and I certainly don't like clutter around my house! This brings me to my wedding dress- I decided not to get it preserved because I don't plan on keeping it. I thought about keeping it (for a second) to perhaps turn into a Christening outfit for my future baby, but even if I kept my dress it would probably just sit in a closet for many years. So instead of keeping it, I'm trying to sell it! For those that would like to sell their dress after the big day, I suggest using www.preownedweddingdresses.com . You're more likely to get a better cost by selling it through that site instead of Ebay (just my two cents based on researching the bids on wedding dresses via Ebay). This site will charge you $25 to have your listing up for 12 months. I just listed my dress and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone will purchase it. If there are other good ways to sell your wedding dress, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    My name is Katrina, and I bought a couple of glasses on Etsy.com last week. I thought that I would check out your blog.

    In terms of the wedding dress, I went through the same process as you did. I finally donated my dress to Brides Against Breast cancer. I have not regretted my decision.

    Have a happy New Year!
    KEA

    ReplyDelete