Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My first custom order!!

I got my first custom order- woo hoo! I’m taking baby steps, but that’s fine with me at this point because I’m still perfecting my technique and deciding which products are best to use. I prefer working with non-toxic paints only (I’m a bit of a health nut) which cuts down on the selection I can choose from. And I’m still working on my time management- although I love painting, I’m finding it hard to squeeze in time for it during the week after coming home from my “real” job. My goal is to complete 1-2 glasses every other day….we’ll see how long that goal lasts.

Now that I’ve started this hobby, I’ve started to habitually check my Etsy account for any sales, client feedback & hit rates. Over the weekend, someone “hearted” my shop, which I was clearly ecstatic about. I get excited over the smallest things, but it helps keep me motivated!

If you’ve never gone on Etsy, I highly recommend checking it out. It’s a site for artists to sell their handmade items and you will find anything and everything on this site. I’m slightly addicted to it because there are so many stylish items that you wouldn’t be able to find at a store and I love having unique things. And of course, check out my shop while you’re there: http://www.prettymydrink.etsy.com/ . Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment