Thursday, April 7, 2011

DIY Project: Stylish Chalkboard

My goal this year is to organize my craft room which is a tough task given all the craft stuff I've collected. I wanted a way to nicely display my "to-do list" on some type of stylish board that complimented the color scheme in the room. I really like the look of framed chalkboards and decided to make one on my own. The project was super easy and I couldn't be happier with the results! SUPPLIES: Picture frame, chalkboard paint, magnetic paint (paints can be bought at home depot) DIRECTIONS: Start by painting 3 coats of the magnetic paint on the glass portion of the picture frame. Wait 30 min. between coats before applying the next coat. After your third coat, wait 24 hours to dry and paint 3 coats of the chalkboard paint. I just love the resulting look- it's functional, yet stylish! Stay tuned for more pictures of my craft room as I try my best to get it organized :)

1 comment: